Associate/Family Home Program
The Associate/Family Home Program provides a residential option for children and adults who have a developmental disability, who for a variety of reasons cannot or choose not to live with their natural family. The Associate/Family Home Program is designed to enable the individual who has a developmental disability to live as an integral part of a family in an alternative setting. The individual who has the developmental disability continues to spend time with their nature family; involvement is encouraged.
To provide a nurturing home environment for a person with a developmental disability, as close to natural family living as possible, in which the Providers provide the necessary care, support and guidance unique to each persons needs.
- The Associate/Family Home Program provides alternative living arrangements for children and adults who have a developmental disability.
- Community families share their home with individuals who want to participate in a typical family life.
- The child/young adult is matched with the Providers considering their experience and compatibility. Relief hours are provided regularly.
- A daily per diem and expenditure recovery is paid to the Associate/Family Home Provider.
- Support is provided to the family and the individual by a coordinator from CLB.
- Although support is provided by CLB., this program is available to all residents of the Halton Region.
For more information please contact: Robyn Suzuki Tel: 905-336-2225 ext 249