All children should have the opportunity to access supports and services they need to grow and learn alongside their peers in a welcoming and inclusive child care environment to meet their full potential.
CHILDREN INCLUSION SERVICES
About Our Services
Children's Inclusion Services provide services and support to licensed child care programs, nursery schools or licensed private home child care in the community for children from birth until Kindergarten entry at four. Our services support the transition to Junior Kindergarten. We also support the before-school and after-school programs for children from 4 to 12 years of age in Halton.
Services are provided to families and child care programs to enhance the growth of children who may have difficulty in achieving their developmental milestones and/or who are at risk for challenges with their development. No diagnosis is required.
Our services strengthen the family's ability to promote their child's healthy development and encourage their child's participation in activities at home and in the community.
- Provides services at the child care setting through coaching staff to adapt activities and their environment to meet the needs of all children
- Works with families, child care staff and other professionals to develop, monitor and evaluate a plan that is based on each child's strengths and to support their needs both in home and at the child care
- Works collaboratively with families, childcare staff and other professionals by coordinating services
- Supports the principals of inclusion and provide families with information on child development and advocacy
- Provides transition to school support
Our Qualified Staff:
- Will monitor child's development through ongoing observations in the child care setting
- In collaboration with families and child care staff, individualized teaching plans are developed, implemented and monitored to help support your child's growth and development
- Will assist in developing strategies and/or will provide additional resources as needed
- Provide training to early childhood educators and other community groups
Who Can Make a Referral ?
ANYONE living in Halton can make a referral with consent from a child's legal guardian including:
- Parents and/or Caregivers
- Public Health Nurses
- Child Care Providers
- Community Service Agencies
How to Access Our Services
To make a referral or for more information about Children's Inclusion Services please dial 311.
Inclusion Services are delivered collaboratively between Halton Region, Community Living Burlington and Community Living North Halton.
*Our services are free and voluntary. The level of services and supports provided to your family will depend on your particular circumstances and the needs of your child. If the circumstances of your family change than services may also change.